Things to do in Bigfork Montana
The town of Bigfork is a picturesque and charming village town. World class art galleries, fine restaurants, a 27-hole golf course, live theatre and unique shops can all be found within a quaint Western setting. Located near Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall and the Swan Wilderness areas are full of wildlife and offer endless recreational opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. Chosen as "One of the 50 Great Towns of the West" and designated as "One of the 100 Best Small Art Towns of the Nation," Bigfork offers you and your family a part of the West that you will never forget.
- Artfusion: Representing over 60 Montana artists - ceramics, paintings, jewelry, photography & more. Colorful, playful art that invites you to feel good! Brett
- Thuma Gallery: Meet artist Brett Thuma and see paintings being created. The gallery carries a variety of fine art and much more.
- Premier Art Gallery. Frame of Reference: Contemporary fine art and award-winning custom framing. You can go anywhere for ordinary.
- Persimmon Gallery: Bigfork's friendly, neighborhood Art Cooperative features local artist's unique jewelry, ceramics, fine art, prints, clothing and much more.
- Celebrate "Last Fridays" in Bigfork, 5pm-8pm all summer long. The town puts on its party hats and we feature new art, food, drinks and fun!
- Rieckes Bayside Gallery: Come and Browse the art gallery in downtown Bigfork where the inventory includes pottery, sculpture, prints, giclees, original paintings, woodturnings and much, much more. Thomas G. Lewis: Local Bigfork artisit offering oil paintings, watercolor and limited edition.
- Mountain Mike’s Rental Bikes & Guided Tours: email@example.com 406-253-BIKE (2453) Mountain Mike's has bike rentals and guided tours for the entire family. Daily & weekly bike rentals. Guided tours for all levels. Parts & accessories as well as repairs.
- Bigfork Mountain Bike Rentals: 406-871-9733 They service Bigfork, Swan Lake, Wood's Bay, Lakeside, and the many Flathead Valley Mountain Bike destinations. From scenic country roads, old logging trails, and epic single track are location can provide you with a variety of biking terrain for all level of abilities. Lots of great trails and places to explore directly from our location only five miles from downtown Bigfork or we can deliver the bikes to you for free. Travel through Montana scenery at it's finest and finish your ride with a swim in one of our area lakes or rivers.
Boat Rentals & Sailing
Notice to Guests Renting Boats: Please make sure that your boat rental company understands that they do not have road access into the property. All boat deliveries must be made using the public boat ramp. Deliveries cannot be made to the dock before Noon the day of your arrival as the prior renter needs adequate time to remove their watercraft. Swan lake is highly dependent on the water flow from the Swan river. Guests are advised that the boat dock cannot be installed until the river has reached its crest which ranges from late May to late June each year. For stays in late spring or early summer please check with us before arranging for a boat rental as no guarantee can be made that the boat dock will be available during this time of year.
Bigfork Watersports This boat rental company has been highly recommended by prior guests. They have ski boats, wave runners and pontoon boats. Located at 451 Electric Avenue in downtown Bigfork, MT. Dock location 104 Holt Drive Bigfork phone 406-2493732
Bigfork Outdoor Rentals This company has kayaks, canoes, small outboard motor boats, rafts and tubes. 406-837-2498
Bigfork Summer Playhouse 406-837-4886
Known by many as the “theatre by the bay,” the Bigfork Summer Playhouse is a past recipient of the Montana Governor’s Award for the Arts. Each season we recruit Broadway caliber acting talent from across the country to bring our patrons the finest live professional theatre in the Northwest.
Dog Sled Adventures (406) 881-2275
A Able Fishing Charters 406-257-5214
Fishing or touring charters on our 24' Sea Raider and 24' Ocean King. Great for trolling on Flathead Lake, and tours to Wild Horse Island. Also for smaller groups, we have our 18' Weldcraft, perfect for jigging on Flathead Lake and available for transport to other lakes in the valley. All boats have covered areas, enclosed cabins and the 24' have private restrooms. Snacks, hot and cold drinks are provided.
Bagley Guide Service 406-837-3618
Come along on a first class charter fishing trip on beautiful Flathead Lake. Fishing will be for big lake trout ranging from 5 to 30 pounds. Top of the line boat and state of the art equipment will allow you to catch "The One That Didn't Get Away!"
Flathead Lake Charter Service 406-837-3632
1/2 or full day trophy trout fishing. All equipment provided. Fun for the whole family or the serious angler.
Crane Mountain Guide Service LLC 406-837-0918
Crane Mountain Guide Service LLC is a fishing guide service that furnishes guests with experienced and friendly guides equipped with all the gear to fly fish lakes, rivers and streams in our area.
Bigfork Anglers Fly Shop 406-837-3675
The Flathead Valley's premier fly shop and outfitter. Offering fly fishing guide services for Bigfork, Whitefish, Kalispell, Lakeside and Columbia Falls.
Wild Trout Adventures 406-837-3838
Professional guided fly fishing services. Offering full and half day river trips and mountain lake adventures. All equipment provided.
Eagle Bend Golf Club 406-837-7300
Hiking & State parks
Glacier National Park: the entrance to the west gate is located about 30-45 minutes from the house
Horseback & Llama Riding
Swan Mountain Outfitters 1-800-919-4415
Bigfork Museum & Art & History 406-837-6927
Glacier Raft Company 406-888-5454
Montana is home to some of the longest snowmobile trails in the country, not to mention some of the most pristine terrain. Crane Mountain trailhead is the closet trail to the house.
Glacier Snowmobiling Office: (406) 387-4405 or Toll Free: (877) 888-5557
Winter Wonderland Sports 406-837-4843
Blacktail Mountain Ski Resort located in Lakeside just a short distance from the property.
Bigfork Community Nordic Center 406-837-0783
Spa & Health Club
Montana Athletic Club 406-837-2582
Air Therapy Aviation 406-249-7257